It’s 11 pm and I have work tomorrow. But I haven’t posted in a while so while inspiration strikes, here goes.
Remember when we were counting down to Ramadhan and there were still 2 months left..how fast time has flown by and Ramadhan is now on our doorsteps.
If you haven’t yet started preparing for this blessed month (and not savoury and food wise) but spiritually, then you still have a few days.
Below are a few tips that I use to help me before and during Ramadhan…
1. Renew your intention.
2. Set goals for yourself.
3. Increase in istighfaar.
4. Increase in the recitation of the Quran.
5. Plan yourself so you spend minimum time in the kitchen and more time in prayer.
6. If you have children or other chores that can’t be neglected (life is always simpler when you’re single (: ) then set aside specific times for prayer. Include the children in certain activities so they can play and learn at the same time.
7. Plan your time well so that you can gain maximum benefit from Ramadhan.
8. Read up on the special things to do in Ramadhan, on the nights of mercy, forgiveness and emancipation from Jahunnum.
9. Make lots and lots of dua.
10. Try and wake up a bit earlier for sehri so that you have time to read tahajjud salaah and eat.
11. Perform nafl salaah. An easy way to do this is for example, to include awwabeen salaah with your maghrib salaah.
12. Help someone out. Remove an obstacle from the way. Sponsor Iftar packs. Give charity. Smile at someone. Be generous. Every good deed counts.
On that note, I leave you my lovelies..
This will be my first Ramadhan away from home. Remember me in your precious duas.
All my love,